Fall 2017

Suzanne Crowder Han
End of Semester Greetings

Happy holidays! Today is Christmas Eve and our fall 2017 semester program ended yesterday. Over the past four months our students immersed themselves in Korean culture and society by joining student clubs, spending time with Korean friends, exploring the country, and participating in CIEE activities, workshops and excursions. Here we take a look back through photos.

Cultural Activities

Students are putting the finishing touches on the boxes they created in our CIEE paper-crafts class, a Korean traditional handicraft.

Students learn about some “scary” parts of Korean history during our Halloween “Ghost Tour” of Seoul.

Students visited many fun places on our CIEE K-Pop Tour.

Posing with the Gangnam Style sculpture in Gangnam (above) and with images of popular idols (below).

Seoul Mates

Our CIEE buddies, called Seoul Mates, organized lots of fun weekend activities to help our students learn about Korean society and student life.

Learning pottery with Seoul Mates (above). A student shows off his creation (below).

Playing Korean games with Seoul Mates (above) and enjoying food in a traditional market (below)

Excursions

Visiting a mural visit during the CIEE excursion to the Pusan International Film Festival (below)

Students pose for a photo at the Joint Security Area in the DMZ with North Korea in the background during our DMZ Excursion (below).

Several students pose in front of the traditional house where they slept during our Explore Korea Excursion (below).

Crossing a stream during the excursion (below)