Please read these instructions, and then apply to get started.
As part of this process, you will complete a series of online forms, in which you:
- Share a few personal facts—name, addresses, birth date, etc... If you have already provided these, we'll pre-fill the form for you.
- Tell us the name of the university or college you're currently attending.
- Let us know where you want to go—and when—by selecting a program, duration, and year. If you clicked Apply Now from a particular program page on our website, you'll notice that we've taken care of this for you. Feel free to change the selection if you've decided another program would be a better fit.
- Provide a few emergency contacts.
- Select your study abroad advisor at your university or college.
- Finally, take care of a few formalities—read and sign CIEE's Terms and Conditions and pay your application fee.
Some programs require a few extra steps. If that's the case, you'll see a few extra items on your application To Do list.
Are You Eligible?
To be eligible to apply for any CIEE Study Abroad program you must have matriculated at a college or university for at least one semester of full-time study, with grades on a transcript to show for this. AP credits on your transcript may be considered in conjunction with any program-specific language requirements but will not be considered as part of the matriculation requirement. CIEE reserves the right to reject any application.
If you have questions as you continue working on your CIEE application, please don't hesitate to contact us by phone at 1-800-40-STUDY or by email at email@example.com and talk with one of our U.S. based specialists, almost all of whom have studied or lived abroad. We can advise you on all of your application questions.
We look forward to receiving your complete CIEE application!
A few important notes:
- As part of this process, consult with a study abroad advisor on your campus. Your study abroad advisor will help you determine the appropriateness of the program you're interested in, and inform you of application deadlines and procedures that apply to your home institution.
- To be eligible to apply for any CIEE program you must have matriculated at a college or university for at least one semester, with grades on a transcript to show for this. AP credits on your transcript may be considered in conjunction with any program-specific language requirements but will not be considered as part of the matriculation requirement. CIEE reserves the right to reject any application.
- Because applications for most programs are reviewed on a rolling basis, you are encouraged to submit your application well ahead of the application deadline as some programs have limited spaces available. You can expect to be contacted about your application status within five to seven days of CIEE's receipt of your complete application. You will be notified by email. Late applications are considered on a space-available basis.