How To Apply
After you select your CIEE program and start a program application, you will see a section of the application called CIEE Scholarships & Grants. Submit that section, a.k.a. the Scholarships Application, to be considered for CIEE’s awards. The Scholarships Application is easy to complete and you can even submit it before you pay the program application fee! Please just note that merit scholarships and need-based grants require different application information and are awarded on different timelines. See below for more details to help you prepare to apply!
Scholarships Application Deadlines & Notification Timeline
|Program Term||We start reviewing applications||We will notify you||Deadline to submit Scholarships Application for guaranteed awards||Deadline to submit Scholarships Application for regular review|
|January or Spring||Summer prior||Within 2 weeks||October 15||N/A - awarding continues until funds are exhausted|
|Summer or Fall||Winter prior||Within 2 weeks||April 1||N/A - awarding continues until funds are exhausted|
|Program Term||Deadline to submit Scholarships Application||We will notify you|
|Summer or Fall||April 1||Mid-April|
Note: For calendar year 2020, maximum scholarship and grant award amounts are $4,000 for spring or fall terms (two Open Campus Blocks [quarter calendar students] or three Open Campus Blocks [semester calendar students]), $2,000 for summer term and $1,000 for January term. January programs based in Latin America are ineligible for CIEE funding. In the event you are selected for multiple awards, CIEE may contact you to revise the size of your award total.
START YOUR APPLICATION
- Choose your CIEE college study abroad program.
- Open a CIEE account and start your program application.
- Log into your My Account portal.
- Start the CIEE Scholarships & Grants application within your program application.
When you’re done, click “Submit”. You can submit the Scholarships Application anytime; the sooner the better!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE/DO
- The Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number from your most recent Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR).
- If you want to be considered for the CIEE Gilman Go Global Grant: upon request, provide proof of having applied for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship.
- If applying for need-based grants only, you do not need to complete the essay section of the Scholarships Application.
- Complete the essay section of the Scholarships Application. In 300 words or less, explain to us how your CIEE program will impact your college experience and/or future career plans.
- Complete the G.P.A. and transcript sections of the program application before you submit the Scholarships Application.
- If applying for merit scholarships only, you do not need to provide any financial data.