The 6 Best Places to Study Abroad for Business Students

If you’ve ever questioned how valuable study abroad is for business majors, you’ve come to the right place! Studying abroad is not only a great way for business students to grow personally and intellectually; the international experiences and cultural insights gained abroad can also benefit future careers in business in a big way.  

By studying abroad, you can gain new perspectives on business, network with like-minded individuals around the world, and develop your business acumen. As such, CIEE is well known for offering a ton of growth opportunities for business-focused students, including coursework, volunteer projects, and even international internships.  

To give you a taste of what’s available, we’ve put together a list of the six best places to study abroad for business students, which includes: 

We selected these top spots based on each city’s quality of education, the strength of the local economy, and the opportunities for career development. These destinations offer a combination of top-ranked universities, diverse industries, and rich cultural experiences, making them ideal places for business students to learn and grow. 

1. AMSTERDAM 

First up is Amsterdam, the beautiful capital of the Netherlands. This cozy bicycle-friendly city is filled with historic architecture, beautiful scenery, and so much more. It’s one of Europe’s top financial centers and a major hub for international business, with a strong focus on trade and innovation.  

Amsterdam is one of the best cities for business majors who are eager to live and learn within a global business scene. Through CIEE, Amsterdam-based students are at the center of it all at either the University of Amsterdam (UvA) or the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).  

All courses are taught in English. Our 18-week Business + Culture program is designed specifically for business majors to gain business connections and cultural insights. Students also gain experience outside of the classroom through tours and excursions throughout the city.  

Program: Business + Culture 
Program length: 18 weeks 
Cost: $21,950 
Credit: 15 semester hours / 25.5 quarter hours 
Language of instruction: English 

ciee study abroad in amsterdam program

2. LISBON 

Next is Lisbon, the historic and inviting capital of Portugal. This picturesque locale may be one of the oldest cities in the world, but don’t let that fool you. Lisbon’s culture is entrepreneurial for the modern day with several startup hubs and international co-working spaces that are right in the mix of global business.  

CIEE offers a 15-week Business + Culture program filled with unique cultural experiences for all students, including a choice of top universities: the Universidade Nova de Lisboa and the Instituto Superior de Ciências do Trabalho e de Empresas-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL).  

All courses are taught in English by highly qualified faculty who offer students all the knowledge they need to succeed in a global business environment. Outside the classroom, students have every opportunity to take advantage of all the city has to offer through tours and excursions.  

Program: Business + Culture 
Program length: 15 weeks 
Cost: $18,950 
Credit: 15-18 semester hours / 25.5-27 quarter hours 
Language of instruction: English and Portuguese 

3. MADRID 

Madrid, Spain, is another fantastic spot for business majors studying abroad. While this capital city is well known for its stunning architecture, illustrious museums, and delicious food, there is a great deal more to it.  

Madrid has a diverse economy that boasts robust finance, technology, and tourism sectors, giving students an opportunity to learn about a wide range of industries. Our Liberal Arts program is perfect for business majors who want to further their Spanish-speaking skills and gain real-world experience with an internship at a Spanish company.  

In this 17-week program, students take their courses in Spanish only at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). Students also have the opportunity to take tours and excursions through the city to gain important cultural knowledge. 

Program: Liberal Arts 
Program length: 17 weeks 
Cost: $19,950 
Language of instruction: Spanish 

ciee madrid liberal arts program

4. SANTIAGO 

Chile, the “Country of Poets,” is another top spot for business students studying abroad. Its capital, Santiago, is a diverse city with a rich history and culture known for its vibrant music and art scenes, delicious food, and stunning natural surroundings. Students have the opportunity to learn within a diverse economy that includes finance, technology, and agriculture.  

Santiago's universities have strong connections with local and international businesses that can provide opportunities for internships, networking, and career development. Our Liberal Arts program is perfect for business majors to fast-forward their Spanish language skills at either the Universidad de Chile, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC), or Universidad Diego Portales - School for Social Sciences.  

This 20-week program is filled with day trips and tours to help students enhance their cultural understanding.  

Program: Liberal Arts 
Program length: 20 weeks 
Cost: $17,950 
Language of instruction: English and Spanish 

5. SEOUL 

Turning to Asia, Seoul is undoubtedly one of the best cities for business majors. This fascinating South Korean city is at once rooted in history yet moves at a trend-setting pace. Business majors will love it.  

CIEE students can enroll in our Arts and Sciences program, which is taught in English or Korean at the world-renowned Yonsei University. Students can choose to start from scratch or further their Korean language skills with a range of courses, help from Korean language buddies, and excursions throughout the city.  

This 17-week program is filled with a rich cultural experience and insights that can be helpful in a global business environment. We also offer unique summer internship opportunities where you can gain real-world work experiences with South Korean enterprises and startups. There’s so much to do! 

Program: Arts + Sciences 
Program length: 17 weeks 
Cost: $20,950 
Language of instruction: English and Korean 

students in habok on seoul arts and sciences ciee program

6. TOULOUSE 

Toulouse, a charming city located in the South of France, is more than just a pretty face. This “pink city” is also home to Europe’s aerospace industry and is a top destination for business-minded students.  

Situated in the Midi-Pyrénées region near the Pyrenees mountains, Toulouse boasts beautiful countryside perfect for outdoor activities. Our 15- to 18-week Business and Culture program is a perfect way for business majors to gain knowledge of French culture while learning across industries.  

Students can study at Toulouse Business School (TBS) or Institut Catholique de Toulouse (ICT) with courses taught in either French or English. Tours and excursions through the city are also on offer to get further insights into the culture and history of this small-town city. 

Program: Business + Culture 
Program length: 15-18 weeks 
Cost:  $18,950 
Credit: 15-18 semester hours / 22.5-27 quarter hours 
Language of instruction: English and French 

STUDY BUSINESS IN TOULOUSE  

Open Doors for Your Global Business Career 

Studying abroad is the perfect way for business students to level up their degrees, not to mention their resumes. This list of the best places to study abroad for business students is only a glimpse of the 100+ business-related programs CIEE offers around the world. 

Explore all the business-focused coursework, internships, or volunteer opportunities available to you through CIEE Study Abroad. From studying diverse global economies to participating in rich cultural tours to earning academic credits at some of the world’s top-ranked, accredited business schools, you’ll have the experience of lifetime when you take your business studies global.