How To Apply for a Scholarship
Applying is Easy!
- Search for and apply to your perfect study or internship abroad program
- Discover available funding options
- Complete the Scholarship & Grants portion of your application. It's easy to complete and you can even submit it before you pay the program application fee!
What Will You Need to Apply
- The Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number from your most recent Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR).
- If you want to be considered for the CIEE Gilman Go Global Grant: you must provide proof your Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship.
- If applying for need-based grants only, you do not need to complete the essay section of the Scholarships Application.
- Complete the essay section of the Scholarships Application. In 300 words or less, explain to us how your CIEE program will impact your college experience and/or future career plans.
- Complete the G.P.A. and transcript sections of the program application before you submit the Scholarships Application.
- If applying for merit scholarships only, you do not need to provide any financial data.
Scholarships Application Deadlines & Notification Timeline
|Grant||Program Term||ciee starts reviewing applications||You will be notified||Scholarships Application Deadline|
|Need-Based*||Winter/Spring||Summer prior||Within 2 weeks||October 15|
|Need-Based*||Summer or Fall||Winter prior||Within 2 weeks||April 1|
|Merit||Winter/Spring||Early November||October 15|
|Merit||Summer or Fall||Mid-April||April 1|
*Students who apply for Need-Based funding and have an EFC higher than 10,000 on their FAFSA Student Aid Report will be reviewed after the noted deadlines above.