Study Abroad in Sydney
Explore Sydney, Australia
Multi-cultural Sydney welcomes students from around the globe with open arms. Once a British penal colony, today the largest city in the land down under is host to some 35,000 international students who enjoy Sydney’s sunny skies, outdoor lifestyle, national parks, arts, culture, and more.
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion.
In Sydney, students may have the opportunity to:
- Go on an overnight excursion to Canberra for a historical overview of Australia’s past
- Kayak with fellow students through Sydney Harbor
- Attend a performance at the renowned Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy a traditional, and unforgettable Australian BBQ
- Hike the Blue Mountains with experienced guides
Where Students Study
CIEE Sydney is part of the CIEE Open Campus Block Network. It is centrally located and perfect for exploring every inch of this seaside city – from Glebe Point to Sydney Harbor - Woolloomooloo to Oxford Street.
Internships & Volunteering
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Sydney, students can work on projects to support the needs of stray dogs and cats, peer-to-peer tutor at the Indigenous Education Center, help young learners with basic computing skills, and more.