Study Abroad in Sydney
College Study Abroad
Explore Sydney, Australia
Multi-cultural Sydney welcomes students from around the globe with open arms. Once a British penal colony, today the largest city in the land down under is host to some 35,000 international students who enjoy Sydney’s sunny skies, outdoor lifestyle, national parks, arts, culture, and more.
How Far To...
- Rome — 16,323 km/10,137 miles
- Cape Town — 11,034 km/6,856 miles
- Wellington — 2,232 km/1,387 miles
- Copenhagen — 16,034 km/9,963 miles
- Berlin — 16,090 km/9,998 miles
- Paris — 16,960 km/10,538 miles
- Perth — 3,301 km/2,051miles
Where Students Study
CIEE Global Institute – Sydney
Our Global Institute in Sydney is part of the CIEE Global Institute Network. It is centrally located and perfect for exploring every inch of this seaside city – from Glebe Point to Sydney Harbor - Woolloomooloo to Oxford Street.
Where you stay
Come to Sydney and fall in love with the urban beat and outdoor lifestyle! Thanks to its excellent public transportation system you’ll have no trouble discovering Sydney’s abundance of charms from one end to the other.
- Live in apartment-style dormitory housing with plenty of common space for downtime with “mates”
- Take part in engaging classroom instruction, daily co-curricular activities, overnight study tours, and local excursions
- From the iconic Opera House to Darling Harbour, enjoy the best of Sydney right outside your door
- 24/7 CIEE staff support for your day-to-day life in Sydney including tips on local events, volunteer opportunities, and more
Internships & Volunteering
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Sydney, students can work on projects to support the needs of stray dogs and cats, peer-to-peer tutor at the Indigenous Education Center, help young learners with basic computing skills, and more.
Study Tours & Cultural Excursions
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion. In Sydney, students may have the opportunity to:
- Go on an overnight excursion to Canberra for a historical overview of Australia’s past
- Kayak with fellow students through Sydney Harbor
- Attend a performance at the renowned Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy a traditional, and unforgettable Australian BBQ
- Hike the Blue Mountains with experienced guides
CIEE Study Abroad In Sydney
One Semester, Multiple LocationsDesign Your Own Study Abroad Experience
With CIEE's Open Campus, you can design your very own study abroad semester program to include up to three different locations. Use our custom build tool, spin the globe, or take a look at experiences around some of our most popular open campus combinations!Build Mine Now