Best 8 Paris Study Abroad Programs

Business + Culture

Known as the City of Light, Paris is an absolute dream. From iconic attractions like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, to lesser-known fairytale neighborhoods like Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Le Marais, you’re in for a treat when you study abroad in Paris.  

Read More: The Ultimate Guide to Studying Abroad in Paris

Take a closer look at eight of our best Paris study abroad programs as you plan your travels.  

Best 8 Paris Study Abroad Programs

The good news about studying abroad in Paris with CIEE? We have a ton of programs in this inspiring destination! Let’s dive into what we consider our best Paris study abroad programs.  

Business + Culture

Our Business + Culture study abroad program in Paris is the perfect opportunity for those with a business-like mindset and students interested in learning more about French culture. In addition to elective courses at CIEE Paris, business courses are offered at EDC Paris Business School and ISC Paris Business School.  

Program details:

• Length: 18 weeks
  • Credit: 12-16 semester hours/18-24 quarter hours
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA  
  • Costs: $20,950
  • Featured Course: Business Ethics and Leadership  
  • Excursion Highlight: Visit La Défense, the business district of Grand Paris  

group lunch paris study abroad

Liberal Arts

If you’re looking for a way to improve your French language skills and immerse yourself in Parisian culture, our Liberal Arts Paris study abroad program is ideal for you. As you enjoy courses at Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, you’ll adventure on study tours, field trips, and other exciting experiential learning activities.  

Program details:  

• Length: 18 weeks
  • Credit: 12-18 semester hours / 18-27 quarter hours
  • Eligibility: 2.8 Overall GPA  
  • Costs: $20,950
  • Featured Course: Culture and Cuisine in France (course taught in French)  
  • Excursion Highlight: Visit the home of Victor Hugo, famed French writer  

Semester in Paris  

Designed for students from all academic backgrounds, spending a Semester in Paris guarantees a fantastic study abroad experience. Choose from a variety of courses from language and politics to photography and sustainability (and more) and get to know Parisian history and culture firsthand.  

Program details:  

• Length: 18 weeks  
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA  
  • Costs: $20,950  
  • Featured Course: Contemporary French Cinema  
  • Excursion Highlight: Join a cheese, croissant, and macaron tasting to discover your favorite French food  

j term paris study abroad group

Summer Contemporary Music Creation + Critique

This is one unforgettable Paris study abroad program. If you’re passionate about composition and all-things-music, enjoy this four-week adventure where you’ll listen to world-famous musicians, attend celebrated music festivals, and take a variety of day trips all centered on contemporary art and sound design.  

Program details:  

• Length: Four weeks
  • Credit: 4 semester hours/6 quarter hours  
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA  
  • Costs: $6,450
  • Featured Course: Contemporary Music Creation and Critique  
  • Excursion Highlight: Connect with artists at the IRCAM ManiFESTE music festival

January in Paris  

Paris is known as the capital of art and fashion in France. Even partaking in a short-term Paris study abroad program, like our J-term option, guarantees a magical experience. Take intriguing courses and dive into excursions beyond the classroom.  

Program details:  

• Dates: Three weeks
  • Credit: 3 semester hours/4.5 quarter hours
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA
  • Costs: $4,250
  • Featured Course: Economics of Wine  
  • Excursion Highlight: Journey to Fontainebleau, a historic castle with some delicious cuisine

Summer Global Internship  

If you’re looking to gain some real-world work experience alongside professionals in an industry you’re passionate about, look no further than our Summer Global Internship program in Paris. As one of Europe’s major international business hubs and a startup haven, this internship program will truly hone your skills and help you establish your career goals.  

Program details:  

• Dates: Eight weeks  
  • Credit: 6 semester hours/9 quarter hours  
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA  
  • Costs: $7,450
  • Excursion Highlight: Visit the Opéra Garnier, a 19th-century architectural work of art  

paris boat ride summer study abroad

Summer in Paris

What better place to spend your summer than in charming Paris? This Paris study abroad program is a great opportunity to earn some extra credits toward your degree, visit renowned landmarks, and truly take in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.  

Program details:  

• Dates: Six weeks  
  • Credit: 3-4 per session semester hours/4.5-6 per Session quarter hours
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA
  • Costs: $6,950  
  • Excursion Highlight: Go beyond Paris and visit Amboise, Reims, Chantilly, and more

Open Campus Block  

Build your own study abroad Paris adventure with our Open Campus Block option. Students can spend one, two, or up to three consecutive six-week blocks studying in Paris and other locations around the world. As you explore the City of Light, you’ll get to study alongside other international students and explore Paris like never before.  

Program details:

• Dates: Six up to 18 weeks  
  • Credit: 6-7 per Block semester hours/9-10.5 per Block quarter hours
  • Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA
  • Costs: $20,850  
  • Featured Course: International Management  
  • Excursion Highlight: Go on a guided walking tour of the French capital  

Read More: The Ultimate Guide to CIEE Open Campus Block

How to Apply to Study Abroad Paris Programs  

Now that you’ve received a detailed account of our best study abroad programs in Paris, let’s get into the logistics of applying to one of these incredible programs.  

Read More: The Ultimate Guide to Studying Abroad in France

We’ve outlined it all in four simple steps:  

Step #1: Map out your journey.  

Determine when you want to go on your study abroad program: Spring, summer, fall, or winter. Then, choose which Paris study abroad program is best for your academic and personal goals.  

While you get organized, it’s a good idea research any scholarships and grants you may qualify for. We offer many and your school might even have some financial aid offerings, too.  

Step #2: Get expert guidance.  

Prior to your departure, schedule a time to meet with your school’s study abroad office and academic advisor for some one-on-one support and to make sure your study abroad plans align with your academic and career path. Mention your plans to a parent or guardian, too, and lean on us as a resource if needed. We’re happy to help you sort through any remaining questions you may have.  

paris student leaning out window

Step #3: Get your travel in order.  

Ensure you have all the necessary documents together long before your flight. This includes things like an updated passport.  

It’s also important to submit your CIEE application on time, usually six to nine months before you leave.  Look at our application FAQ videos for extra guidance.  

Step #4: Pack your bags and go!  

Note the essentials included in our packing list and, subsequently, throw everything into your suitcase. After that, all that’s left is to get ready for the adventure of a lifetime in Paris!  

Your essential documents:

• Passport + a photocopy (just in case)
  • Visa + a photocopy  
  • A second form of valid ID (e.g., driver’s license or government-issued ID)
  • Plane tickets  
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Proof of CIEE enrollment
  • Cash (Paris uses the Euro)  

Other essential items:

• Comfortable walking shoes
  • Camera to capture beautiful Paris
  • One nice outfit for special occasions
  • Prescription medications, enough for the stay if possible
  • Preferred over-the-counter medications
  • Prescription eyewear
  • Adapters to charge your current tech in Paris’s electrical outlets

student tour paris summer abroad

Take Your Studies to Paris

Now you’ve got all the information you need for a spectacular Paris study abroad trip – there’s nothing stopping you now! Paris is calling.  

EXPLORE PARIS STUDY ABROAD