Information for term January in Paris
Application deadline, and cost information.
Application DeadlineNovember 1, 2019
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Dates: Dec 30, 2019 – Jan 20, 2020
- Credit: 3 semester hours / 4.5 quarter hours
- Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA
OverviewClick to Open
Dive into the words of Victor Hugo. Wonder at the brush strokes of Monet. Climb the steps of the Eiffel Tower. CIEE’s January in Paris program is like a Parisian cubist painting, offering a multitude of perspectives. You’ll go on an overnight excursion to the enchanting town of Lille. Along the way, you’ll discover your own favorite sights, tastes, and memories of the City of Lights.
Explore the Vaux-le-Vicomte
a breathtaking chateau, believed to have initiated the "Louis XIV style" combining architecture, interior design and landscape design.
Visit the city’s many scenic parks
such as the Bois de Boulougne, Jardin de Luxembourg, and Bois de Vincennes.
Take a day trip
to the historic castle of Chantilly, where you may enjoy a delicious meal made in the castle’s very own kitchen.
five star hotels55
visitors to Notre Dame cathedral in 201513.6M
Location & CultureClick to Open
Paris, a center for culture, art, fashion, gastronomy, and intellectual life, is also a major global metropolis. The Seine River traverses the city and its waterways, quays, and bridges serve as major thoroughfares. Explore the city’s most famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame Cathedral. Enjoy the delicacies at Paris’s numerous cafés - one for every 200 inhabitants!
EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Marvel at the city’s architectural history, from the middle ages till the 21st century.
- Go on faculty led and outings and weekend excursions to the neighborhoods that grace the iconic French capital.
- Indulge in Paris’s haute cuisine, food meticulously prepared and artfully presented.
- Experience the breathtaking works of art at the Louvre, the most visited art museum in the world.
- Treat yourself to a uniquely Parisian performance at the famous Moulin Rouge theater, the birthplace of the Cancan.
Daily LifeClick to Open
Shared apartment: Students may reside in local shared apartments. Students share a double-occupancy room with another student. Homestay: Adapt to the French lifestyle by living with a Parisian host. Students get a private room with bed, desk, chair, lamp, and wardrobe, while sharing common spaces like the living room, kitchen, and bathroom with the host family. Final housing assignments are solely at the discretion of CIEE.
Students in student apartments are responsible for all meals. Students in homestays have breakfast every morning and five meals a week.
Where You'll Study
Like what you're seeing so far?request more information
Program DetailsClick to Open
What you need to knowThe program details
CIEE Paris is on rue du Sentier in the lively, central Sentier neighborhood in the 2nd arrondissement. It is less than a minute away from the Grands Boulevards, a 10-minute walk to the Palais Royal, and a 15-minute walk to the Louvre.
All courses are taught by faculty from a range of Paris institutions and are specialists in their respective fields.
AcademicsClick to Open
Students need to have a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Total credit, 3 semester/4.5 quarter hours
- Contact hours: 45
Students are required to take one course, International Finance or Paris Collage: History, Culture, and Architecture.
Note: This course listing is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a contract between CIEE and any applicant, student, institution, or other party. The courses, as described, may be subject to change as a result of ongoing curricular revisions, assignment of lecturers and teaching staff, and program development. Courses may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
January 2020Click to Open
- FRST 3101 PAFR: Paris Collage: History, Culture, Architecture
- (GI) BUSI 3001 PAFR: International Finance
ScholarshipsClick to Open
Scholarships & Grants
CIEE offers more than $8 million in scholarships and grants annually to help students like you make your study abroad dream a reality.
Students who apply to this program are eligible for the following scholarships and grants:
- Global Access Initiative (GAIN) Grants
To be considered, submit the CIEE Scholarships & Grants application within your CIEE program application. Learn more at the Scholarships & Grants section of our website.See more scholarship info
Dates, Deadlines & FeesClick to Open
Dates, Deadlines & Fees
You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE, because our high-quality programs include everything from excursions to insurance. There are no hidden charges, and no disappointing surprises when you arrive.
- Breakfast daily plus five meals per week for students living in homestays
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to French culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
To help you budget, keep in mind that students are responsible for the cost of international airfare, local transportation, books and supplies, visas, and personal expenses. In addition, ask your college or university study abroad advisor if your school charges additional fees for study abroad.
No Hidden Fees
Fees & Housing
|January 2020||Nov 1, 2019||Dec 30, 2019||Jan 20, 2020|
Looking for funding?
Our StaffClick to Open
Get StartedHere's what you need to do to take the next steps:
START AN APPLICATIONApply Now
You're one step closer to an amazing study abroad experience!
CONNECT WITH YOUR CAMPUS STUDY ABROAD OFFICE
Share your plans and confirm you're on track to meet all required steps to go abroad.
Contact an Advisor
Send us an email if you still have questions or need information about applying to this program.