Information for term January in Paris
Application deadline, and cost information.
Application DeadlineNovember 1, 2020
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Deadline: November 1, 2020
- Dates: Dec 28, 2020 – Jan 18, 2021
- Credit: 3 semester hours / 4.5 quarter hours
- Eligibility: 2.5 Overall GPA
OverviewClick to Open
Discover Paris's rich past and vibrant present with CIEE this January! Whether you choose to analyze 2000 years of architecture and history with our Paris Collage course, or to grasp the complexity and stakes of global investment in International Finance, you will surely make the City of Lights your classroom.
EXPLORE THE MANY VILLAGES OF PARIS
Extra-curricular activities take you beyond the postcard views of the city and introduce you to a multi-dimensional capital.
Visit the city’s many scenic parks
such as the Bois de Boulougne, Jardin de Luxembourg, and Bois de Vincennes.
Take a day trip
to the historic castle of Chantilly, where you may enjoy a delicious meal made in the castle’s very own kitchen.
five star hotels55
visitors to Notre Dame cathedral in 201513.6M
Location & CultureClick to Open
Paris, a center for culture, art, fashion, gastronomy, and intellectual life, is also a major global metropolis. The Seine River traverses the city and its waterways, quays, and bridges serve as major thoroughfares. Explore the city’s most famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame Cathedral. Enjoy the delicacies at Paris’s numerous cafés - one for every 200 inhabitants!
EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Marvel at the city’s architectural history, from the middle ages till the 21st century.
- Go on faculty led and outings and weekend excursions to the neighborhoods that grace the iconic French capital.
- Indulge in Paris’s haute cuisine, food meticulously prepared and artfully presented.
- Experience the breathtaking works of art at the Louvre, the most visited art museum in the world.
- Treat yourself to a uniquely Parisian performance at the famous Moulin Rouge theater, the birthplace of the Cancan.
Program BlogsClick to Open
Daily LifeClick to Open
Shared Apartments: Most students live in shared apartments in Paris with other CIEE Summer in Paris students. Student apartments are located throughout the city but will be within a 45-minute commute of the Global Institute.
Homestay: A limited number of homestays may be available, with preference given to those whose universities require living with a local family.
Shared Apartments: Meals are not provided for students staying in apartments. Each apartment has its own kitchen where students may prepare their meals.
Homestays: Students who live with homestay families receive breakfast daily plus five additional meals per week.
Where You'll Study
CIEE Global Institute
Like what you're seeing so far?
Program DetailsClick to Open
What you need to knowThe program details
Students spend three weeks in January taking coursework focused either on: International Finance or Paris Collage: History, Culture, Architecture. Both are complemented with co-curricular activities to immerse you in the culture and facilitate intercultural learning. Classes take place at CIEE Global Institute – Paris.
CIEE Global Institute – Paris is located on rue du Sentier in the lively Sentier neighborhood in the 2nd arrondissement. It is just a 10-minute walk to the Palais Royal, and a 15-minute walk to the Louvre. All courses are taught by faculty from a range of Paris institutions and are specialists in their respective fields.
AcademicsClick to Open
Students need to have a GPA of at least 2.5.
CoursesClick to Open
Total credit: 3 U.S. semester/4.5 quarter credits
CIEE courses: 3 U.S. semester/4.5 quarter credits; 45 contact hours
Language of Instruction
1 CIEE elective course
January 2021 CIEE CoursesClick to Open
Business, Economics, Management, and Marketing
Languages and Cultural Studies
Note: This course listing is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a contract between CIEE and any applicant, student, institution, or other party. The courses, as described, may be subject to change as a result of ongoing curricular revisions, assignment of lecturers and teaching staff, and program development. Courses may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
Dates & FeesClick to Open
Dates & Fees
You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE, because our high-quality programs include everything from excursions to insurance. There are no hidden charges, and no disappointing surprises when you arrive.
- Breakfast daily plus five meals per week for students living in homestays
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to French culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
To help you budget, keep in mind that students are responsible for the cost of international airfare, local transportation, books and supplies, visas, and personal expenses. In addition, ask your college or university study abroad advisor if your school charges additional fees for study abroad.
Fees & Housing
|January 2021||Nov 1, 2020||Dec 28, 2020||Jan 18, 2021|
Our StaffClick to Open
Get StartedHere's what you need to do to take the next steps:
START AN APPLICATIONApply Now
You're one step closer to an amazing study abroad experience!
CONNECT WITH YOUR CAMPUS STUDY ABROAD OFFICE
Share your plans and confirm you're on track to meet all required steps to go abroad.
Send us an email if you still have questions or need information about applying to this program.