Study Abroad in Rabat
College Study Abroad
Explore Rabat, Morocco
Morocco’s capital and second largest city is host to prestigious universities, international institutions such as UNESCO and the World Bank, and a wide range of opportunities for students to experience its culture through art exhibits, music, and theater.
Study Tours & Cultural Excursions
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion. In Rabat, past study tours and excursions have included:
- Visits to markets, cultural sites, and music and theater performances
- Exploring Rabat’s ancient medina and Kasbah, and other highlights like the ancient ruins of Challah and the Andalucian Gardens
- Visits to an Amazigh village in Ourika
- Hikes in the High Atlas Mountains
- Trips to the UNESCO World Heritage Site in coastal Essaouria
- Overnight excursions to Fez and Marrakesh
Where Students Study
CIEE Rabat is located in the prominent neighborhood of Agdal in central Rabat, with easy access to public transportation.
Internships & Volunteering
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Rabat, students can get to know the community by volunteering to help refugees, immigrants, women, or children. In addition, intern positions with NGOs and private institutions can be arranged for students who are interested. In the past, students have interned at Amnesty International, the Orient Occident Foundation, Organization for Human Rights and Development, and several others.