Your Guide to Site-Seeing In Barcelona, Spain

Savannah S.

Wondering where to start with local site-seeing? Well, here’s a guide to get you started!

One site that you probably already have in mind is La Sagrada Familia. La Sagrada Familia was started in 1882 by Antoni Gaudí, but it actually won’t be finished until after 2026. From the outside, you can see the level of detail on its towering features. On the inside, you can see the beautiful rainbow-stained glass windows and hear the vast echoes.
Pro tip: you can attend international mass on a Sunday and enter the building for free!

Next, you should spend an afternoon at Parc Güell. This park requires you to buy a ticket to enter. It is an enormous garden with many pieces of architecture designed by Antoni Gaudí. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. Here, you could pass at least two hours exploring the estate.

I also recommend visiting the Moco Museum. I typically am not a fan of art museums, but I love this one as it highlights the works of contemporary artists, like Banksy, Warhol, Haring, Keith, and more! Spend an hour or two walking through several rooms to see paintings, sculptures, and more. And don’t forget to check out their cute gift shop afterwards!

If you’re near the Gothic Quarter, be sure to check out Catedral de Barcelona. From here, you can walk towards the Picasso Museum and the Chocolate Museum on your way to see the Arc de Triomf! Placa Catalunya is also relatively close to the cathedral.

Casa Batlló is located right on Passeig de Grácia. Another Gaudí building, it is considered one of his masterpieces. You can take a tour of the entire building/house and you may feel as though you are in a cartoon character’s home! This used to be an apartment building and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!

Of course, you should visit Camp Nou, especially if you are a fútbol fan! You can visit by going for a game, or buy tickets for the tour of the museum and stadium as a whole!

Be sure to check if any of the ones that require tickets offer student discounts as many activities and tourist sites in Barcelona do!

EXPLORE BARCELONA