CIEE SEVILLE BUSINESS AND SOCIETY PROGRAM, ISSUE I

Virginia Neira

GREETINGS FROM SEVILLA

The Business and Society students arrived safely and they seem to be very enthusiastic about the idea of enjoying this experience.

ORIENTATION

After the three days orientation session, with the informative sessions about academics, housing, safety and activities, students had the chance of visiting the Alcazar, one of the most representative monumental compounds in the city, the country and the Mediterranean culture as a whole. Students enjoyed a flamenco show. All the informative sessions were held at the Business School of the University of Seville.

INTENSIVE SPANISH SESSION

The students are in the middle of the Spanish for Business Students class, designed to help students prepare for their experiences in their classes by increasing listening and comprehension skills and building vocabulary. The students were divided into 2 groups according their level and skills of Spanish.

1

2

CIEE BYSTANDER INTERVENTION TRAINING

A very interesting session was held at the Hotel NH Collection on January 23th by the CIEE Seville Student Services Director, Morgan Reiss.

INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

A total of 11 registered in the Business Internship class. On January 29th, students attended a preparatory session for the internships where the Internship Coordinator provided them with in-depth information about the companies participating in the program and some tips about dress code, greeting, speaking, etc.

3

On January 30th, the Internship Fair took place. A total of 19 companies and 11 CIEE Business and Society students attended the event organized at Novotel Hotel.

4