CIEE Global Internships Add Sydney and Shanghai to Program City Roster starting in Spring 2020

Global Internships

CIEE Global Internships is excited to announce the addition of two new cities to our program location roster. Available starting in Spring 2020, CIEE Global Interns are able to live and work in professional internships in Shanghai, China and Sydney, Australia. Hear a bit more about each program location below.

Shanghai

Shanghai is a commercial giant, a financial and cultural hub, and home to the largest container port on Earth. Translation: there’s no better place to expand your business knowledge from a global perspective. Learn about business ethics, corporate structure, fiscal policies, and the importance of skills like integrity and collaboration — while developing contacts that can help with future career opportunities. Shanghai is a leading driver of China's trade and economic development, serving as a model city. Today, with a population of 23 million, Shanghai is home to the world’s largest container port, some of the tallest skyscrapers on Earth, and the world’s first commercially operated magnetic levitation transport system — the high-speed Maglev train — along with one of the fastest-growing rapid transit systems in the world.

This semester-length program includes six weeks of academic coursework followed by an eight-week full-time internship and online academic seminar. Class environment varies depending on the course and is designed to follow U.S. academic culture and standards. All internships are offered in English. Want to learn more about Global Internships in Shanghai? We have information on everything from housing, to course selection, to sample internship placements. Click here - and don't forget to check out our favorite spots in the city: 24 Hours in Shanghai: A Global Intern's Guide to China.

Photo for blog post CIEE Global Internships Add Sydney and Shanghai to Program City Roster starting in Spring 2020

Sydney 

Sydney’s origins trace back to an area inhabited by Indigenous Australians for over 30,000 years, first visited by Europeans in the 1770’s and settled as a penal colony in 1788. With a population of around five million, Sydney is a cosmopolitan, open-minded, multicultural city. Nearly half of its residents speak a language other than English at home and 36% were born overseas. Sydney is consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live globally, and it is renowned for its social inclusion, diversity, and tolerance. Get to know the characteristically relaxed yet globally competitive work place culture in one of the Southern Hemisphere’s hubs for trade, finance, tech, and media production. Sydney is both the capital of Australia’s business and the launching point for exchange of goods, services, and ideas with the country’s Asian neighbors. 

This semester length program includes six weeks of academic coursework followed by an eight-week full-time internship and online academic seminar. Class environment varies depending on the course and is designed to follow U.S. academic culture and standards. All internships are offered in English. Want to learn more about Global Internships in Sydney? We have information on everything from housing, to course selection, to sample internship placements. Click here - and don't forget to check out our favorite spots in the city: 24 Hours in Sydney: A Global Intern's Guide to Australia.

Looking to Get up and Go next Spring? We're giving away $10,000 worth of prizes to more than 20 people! Learn more and enter here

CIEE offers a range of full-time and part-time internship abroad opportunities for students. With internships spanning a diversity of fields — from public policy to the arts, business administration to marketing — CIEE has you covered. You’ll develop the skills you need to succeed in the next steps of your career.

For more than 30 years, we've been placing students into high-impact internships across a wide range of industries and fields. We know that global work experience paired with a strong academic framework will turn today's students into the next generation of forwardthinking innovators, teachers, and leaders.