Best Study Abroad Cities in France

What will you choose?

Paris

Paris, the city of love, the city of lights, the city you could call home. Europe’s cultural epicenter and the capital city of France is the perfect place to study abroad. Known for its beauty, it’s dynamism and its history, immerse yourself in French culture with a homestay with a traditional French family or an apartment just a walk away from the Eiffel Tower. Wake up each morning and say “Bonjour!” as you pick a croissant at your local patisserie. In Paris, you will be surrounded by romance and delicious cuisine. Take a weekend trip to Brittany and delve into the musical heritage of the region or spend the day at the Louvre encompassed by some of the most beautiful works of art in the world. The best parts of France are right outside your doorstep.

Toulouse

Small town feel and big city resources are what make Toulouse an excellent choice for any study abroad program. Traipse through this 4th largest city in France and 2nd university town in France as you pick up fresh food directly from one of the cities many daily markets. Walk amidst the iconic rose-tinted architecture and feel as if you are seeing the world with rose colored classes. Take in a show at the historic Toulouse Capital theater. This town doesn’t just have history, Toulouse is known as a technology and aerospace hub. With cheese tastings and rugby games and more, Toulouse has something for everyone. This charming city in the South of France is consistently rated as one of the best places to live and study in the country. You could get to call it home.

Rennes

Salut! And, welcome to the location that will have your French skills in tip top shape by the end of your stay. This location is also great if you want to do a teaching internship at one of Rennes primary, middle, or high schools. Even get your Teaching English as a Foreign Language certification. In Rennes, you become fully immersed in both French cultures at large and the more localized unique regional Brexton culture. Settle into the peaceful rhythms of this more rural area of France and make local friends who will take your French skills to the next level.

Find out more!