Study Abroad in Berlin
College Study Abroad
Explore Berlin, Germany
Students are welcomed with open arms in Germany’s capital city, where the cost of living is reasonable, public transportation is excellent, green space is abundant, and businesses – from hip tech start-ups to international conglomerates – thrive.
HOW FAR TO…
- Copenhagen — 438 km/272 miles
- Amsterdam — 657 km/408 miles
- Brussels — 763 km/474 miles
- Paris — 1,054 km/655 miles
- Prague — 349 km/216 miles
- Budapest — 872 km/541 miles
- Munich — 584 km/363 miles
WHERE STUDENTS STUDY
CIEE Global Institute – Berlin
Our Global Institute in Berlin is part of the CIEE Global Institute Network. Berlin is located in the heart of the Kreuzberg district and offers students easy access to a large public market hall, restaurants and cafés, and a variety of shops.
Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL)
BSEL focuses on building business, management, and administration skills for private and public sectors and enrolls 9,100 students. BSEL and six other German universities are
committed to quality and the international perspective through the USA7 Alliance for Excellence. The multinational campus is in the vibrant Schöneberg neighborhood.
WHERE YOU STAY
Our Berlin Global Institute sits among endless options for food, music and entertainment, with easy access to the rest of Berlin.
- Residence hall double, triple , or quad rooms with café and courtyard, large common kitchens, en suite bathrooms, laundry facilities, study and common areas
- German language residential area to help you improve your language skills
- CIEE-trained German students who help newcomers adjust to Berlin
- Hi-tech classrooms
- Nearby subway station and bike paths
- CIEE staff support you in your day-to-day life in Berlin and have the inside scoop on local events, volunteer opportunities, and more
Students can also live in shared apartments and homestays.
INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Berlin, students can volunteer at local organizations, youth centers, schools, and more.
In addition, students can build new skills and intercultural competencies with an internship and become an active member of the Berlin professional environment.
Study Tours & Cultural Excursions
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural
immersion. In Berlin, past study tours and excursions have included:
- Visits to historical sites in Dresden, Weimar, and Prague
- Guided tours of the East Side Gallery, Holocaust
- Memorial, or Tempelhof Airport Park
- Performances at the Deutsche Oper, the Berlin State
- Opera, and the Komische Oper
Study Programs - Berlin Global Institute
ONE SEMESTER, MULTIPLE LOCATIONSDesign Your Own Study Abroad Experience
With CIEE's Open Campus, you can design your very own study abroad semester program to include up to three different locations. Use our custom build tool, spin the globe, or take a look at experiences around some of our most popular open campus combinations!BUILD MINE NOW