Study Abroad in Copenhagen
Explore Copenhagen, Denmark
Cosmopolitan, culturally rich, environmentally conscious, clean, safe, and filled with exceptional universities, students are flocking to this former Viking village to enjoy its many benefits and finding it extremely livable.
HOW FAR TO…
- Paris — 1,223 km/759 miles
- London — 1,255 km/780 miles
- Berlin — 439 km/272 miles
- Amsterdam — 794 km/493 miles
- Warsaw — 1,002 km/622 miles
- Budapest — 1,306 km/811 miles
- Barcelona — 2,102 km/1,306 miles
WHERE STUDENTS STUDY
CIEE Global Institute – Copenhagen
Our Global Institute in Copenhagen is part of the CIEE Global Institute Network and features modern classrooms, a student lounge, and space for cultural and academic events. Students enjoy easy access to nearby shops, restaurants, and public transportation in order to get the most out of the whole city.
Where you stay
Capital of Denmark is quickly becoming the epicenter of Scandi-cool, with its aesthetic eye toward minimalism. It’s also topping the list of the world’s greenest and most sustainable urban centers. With more bicycles than cars, this former Viking fishing village enjoys one of the highest GDP/capita in the world, and the reputation of being one of the happiest places to live. Students from across the globe benefit from innovative teaching styles at top-of-the-line universities.
- Students can choose between apartments or homestays nearby the CIEE site.
- Experience Danish hygge - cozy and comfortable lifestyle - during a weekend homestay with a local family.
- Experience Copenhagen’s transformation from a Viking fishing village to a leading world capital of sustainability and innovation.
- Take part in engaging classroom instruction, daily co-curricular activities, overnight study tours, and local excursions.
INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Copenhagen, students can take part in city-wide opportunities to volunteer at local festivals and sporting events. In addition, students can become an active member of the Copenhagen professional environment with an internship at a local business.
Study Tours & Cultural Excursions
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion. In Copenhagen, students might:
- Tour Gdansk or Oslo
- Visit Ribe (the oldest town in Denmark, founded by Vikings), Århus (2017 European Cultural Capital) or Skagen
- Go on a weekend homestay to experience Danish hygge – a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being
Study Programs - Copenhagen Global Institute
ONE SEMESTER, MULTIPLE LOCATIONSDesign Your Own Study Abroad Experience
With CIEE's Open Campus, you can design your very own study abroad semester program to include up to three different locations. Use our custom build tool, spin the globe, or take a look at experiences around some of our most popular open campus combinations!Build Mine Now