Trip to Montserrat: Benedictine Monastery and breathtaking views

Business + Culture

Patricia B.

I woke up bright and early Saturday morning to travel with some friends to Montserrat. Montserrat is a multi-peaked mountain range near Barcelona in Catalonia. We visited the part of the mountain that is home to the  Benedictine Monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat. We boarded the train and had a cozy hour ride to our transfer train. Our transfer made a steep climb up the mountain. The ride up was simply breathtaking. Every time I leave the city I am struck by the beauty and nature of Catalonia.

We arrived on the mountain and took in the beautiful structures of the mountain and monastery. We spent some time admiring the monastery and walked into a service. Unfortunately, I don’t speak Catalan so I didn’t understand what they were saying, but they had beautiful voices.

We enjoyed the sun (it was quite cold…) and views of the mountain. We shared a meal for lunch, talked, laughed and enjoyed the company. All in all, we had a great day on the mountain and enjoyed some great company. (We had a great guide from our study abroad company accompany us and show us around! We are very grateful for her and her great personality!).

Written by Amanda Duvall 

https://duvalldanceandadventures.wordpress.com/