CIEE SEVILLE BUSINESS AND SOCIETY PROGRAM, ISSUE I

Business + Society

Virginia Neira

GREETINGS FROM SEVILLE

The Business and Society students arrived safely and they seem to be very enthusiastic about the idea of enjoying this experience.

ORIENTATION

After the three days orientation session, with the informative sessions about academics, housing, safety and activities, students had the chance of visiting the Alcazar, one of the most representative monumental compounds in the city, the country and the Mediterranean culture as a whole. Students enjoyed a flamenco show.

Foto 7-9-17 11 04 00

INTENSIVE SPANISH SESSION

The students are in the middle of the Spanish for Business Students class, designed to help students prepare for their experiences in their classes by increasing listening and comprehension skills and building vocabulary. The students were divided into 2 groups according their level and skills of Spanish.

Foto 21-9-17 15 39 25

CIEE Bystander Intervention Training.

A very interesting session was held at the Hotel NH Collection on September 12th by the CIEE Seville Student Services Director, Morgan Reiss.

INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

A total of 7 out of 21 students (33%) registered in the Business Internship class. On September 11th, students attended a preparatory session for the internships where the Internship Coordinator provided them with in-depth information about the companies participating in the program and some tips about dress code, greeting, speaking, etc.

On September 31th, the Internship Fair took place. A total of 13 companies and 6 CIEE students attended the event organized at Novotel Hotel.

REGULAR SESSION

These are the Business classes we are offering this semester: