Study Abroad in Rome
College Study Abroad
Explore Rome, Italy
Few experiences rival the opportunity to study abroad in Rome. Nowhere else can students step between thousands of years of art, history, and rich layers of contemporary Italian culture, surrounded by world-famous churches, monuments, and museums.
HOW FAR TO…
- Madrid — 1,956 km/1,215 miles
- Paris — 1,421 km/882 miles
- Copenhagen — 1,900 km/1,180 miles
- Berlin — 1,501 km/932 miles
- London — 1,873 km/1,163 miles
- Buenos Aires — 11,145 km/6,925 miles
- Santiago de Chile — 11,903 km/7,396 miles
WHERE STUDENTS STUDY
CIEE Global Institute – Rome
Our Global Institute in Rome is part of the CIEE Global Institute Network. Located in the Prati neighborhood, CIEE Rome is right in the heart of Rome, walking distance from the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and Campo de Fiore.
Roma Tre University
Founded in 1992 by the Ministry of Public Education, Roma Tre University is a public research university comprised of eight schools, 32 departments, and more than 35,000 students.
WHERE YOU STAY
In Rome, you’ll live and learn among the treasures of western civilization – the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Vatican City. Explore rich Italian culture with its treasure trove of art and history as you pursue your academic interests in the Eternal City.
- Student apartments
- Local Italian “buddy” to help you build your Italian language skills and navigate Rome
- Study tours and trips each block
- Hi-tech classrooms
- CIEE staff support you in your day-to-day life in Rome and have the inside scoop on local events, volunteer opportunities, and more.
INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Rome, students can help out at local retirement communities, arts organizations, youth centers, homeless shelters, and more. Students can also build new skills and intercultural competencies by interning at a local business.
STUDY TOURS & CULTURAL EXCURSIONS
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion. In Rome, past study tours and excursions have included:
- Visits to Florence to explore Renaissance art and history
- Exploring the Umbria region and the charming town of Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis
- Attending the Festival of the Two Worlds in Spoleto
- Taking in the splendor of the Amalfi Coast and its tradition of local businesses and craftsmanship
- Exploring the ancient ruins of Pompeii
- Trips to the Veneto region and its charming towns of Venice and Padua
Study Abroad Programs in Rome
ONE SEMESTER, MULTIPLE LOCATIONSDesign Your Own Study Abroad Experience
With CIEE's Open Campus, you can design your very own study abroad semester program to include up to three different locations. Use our custom build tool, spin the globe, or take a look at experiences around some of our most popular open campus combinations!BUILD MINE NOW