Study Abroad in Rome
College Study Abroad
Explore Rome, Italy
Few experiences rival the opportunity to study abroad in Rome. Nowhere else can students step between thousands of years of art, history, and rich layers of contemporary Italian culture, surrounded by world-famous churches, monuments, and museums.
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural immersion.
In Rome, past study tours and excursions have included:
- Visits to Florence to explore Renaissance art and history
- Exploring the Umbria region and the charming town of Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis
- Attending the Festival of the Two Worlds in Spoleto
- Taking in the splendor of the Amalfi Coast and its tradition of local businesses and craftsmanship
- Exploring the ancient ruins of Pompeii
- Trips to the Veneto region and its charming towns of Venice and Padua
WHERE STUDENTS STUDY
CIEE Global Institute – Rome
Our Global Institute in Rome is part of the CIEE Global Institute Network. Located in the Prati neighborhood, CIEE Rome is right in the heart of Rome, walking distance from the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and Campo de Fiore.
Roma Tre University
Founded in 1992 by the Ministry of Public Education, Roma Tre University is a public research university comprised of eight schools, 32 departments, and more than 35,000 students.
INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer. In Rome, students can help out at local retirement communities, arts organizations, youth centers, homeless shelters, and more. Students can also build new skills and intercultural competencies by interning at a local business.