Study Abroad in Monteverde
COLLEGE STUDY ABROAD
Explore Monteverde, Costa Rica
Monteverde plays host to Costa Rica’s treasured rain forest, where a staggering number of species – including pumas, monkeys, quetzal, and the endangered three wattled bellbird – are readily on display, proving the perfect location for studies in sustainability and conservation.
Study Tours & Cultural Excursions
Every CIEE semester program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program’s academics and enhance students’ cultural
immersion. In Monteverde, past study tours and excursions have included:
- Exploring the lush rainforest of Corcovado National Park
- Traveling to Santa Rosa National Park, famous for its rare seasonally-dry forest
- Visiting Carara National Park, home of the country’s largest population of scarlet macaws
- Taking guided tours of organic coffee and pineapple plantations
- Visiting Bocas del Toro Islands of Panama
- Traveling down the Rio San Juan De Nicaragua to the Indio Maiz Biological Reserve
- Hiking near Rincon de la Vieja Volcano
WHERE STUDENTS STUDY
Fully equipped with classrooms, computers, and library facilities, as well as indoor and outdoor common areas, to accommodate experiential and traditional learning.
INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.