I'm going to be completely honest... quarantine was pretty brutal. Hooowwevverrr, I hope that you won't have to quarantine as conditions are getting better around the world in terms of Covid cases. Luckily, CIEE students quarantined in the dorm, which was as great opportunity to meet other students during covid testing - it kind of gave us a head start to form friendships!
Anyways, if you do end up quarantining in the SK Global House, then here are a few tips:
1. Pack snacks: Food is delivered at set times throughout the day, and lunch and dinner are separated by over six hours, so pack snacks for in between meals!
2. Workout: As hard as it is to get the motivation to workout, it defintely helps with your mental health as well as gets blood flowing. You are sitting around for fourteen days, so it is completely necessary to maintain your physical health. Also, you will become VERY sore a few days out of quarantine because your body is not acclimated to moving around.
3. Form a routine: The days start blending together very quickly, and it can make the time move even slower. Form a routine after combating jet lag so that you stay productive and make the most of your quarantine experience.
4. Call Friends and Family: Solitary confinement one of the highest forms of punishment in prison... which quarantine can feel like... so call friends and family!
5. Plan things to do: After my quarantine, I didn't really have plans for Korea, which I wish I thought of more during my quarantine... but now I'm starting to get into the groove of things!
If you want to know more about my quarantine experience, then watch my video!