So, photo spots (Second Edition)

Ilse H.

The second edition of my short series on amazing photo spots in Korea (that I have been to so far).

If you're coming to Korea or interested in Korea, I'm sure you know that there are many beautiful spots and a sheer dedication to aesthetic that is barely rivaled by any other country that I've been to. This list contains one of my birthday spots which is a little bit of a reach, but a fun and beautiful spot nonetheless.

1.Ilsan - Lake Park

For my birthday I visited Ilsan Lake Park. It was a special treat to myself as I have always wanted to go to Ilsan. I have to admit to having a slightly shallow reason for wanting to go. The name Ilsan (일산) is almost exactly the same as my Korean name Ilsa (일사). The lake reminded me of my home school Mount Holyoke College and the view I saw every day there.

2.Sinchon – Witch’s Kitchen

I have to admit to not enjoying the food of the Witch’s Kitchen THAT much, but I am obsessed with this photo that I took near the entrance of the restaurant.

3.Yonsei – Underwood Statue

My Yonsei mentor group took a tour around Yonsei campus and snapped this beautiful late summer/early fall photo with Underwood himself. We took this at the beautiful time before the weather changed and captured the perfect greenery that the Yonsei website constantly touts.

4. Seoul- HYBE Museum 

My sister and I took a trip to the HYBE Museum to see some of their BTS exhibits and overall aesthetic. The room we took this photo in was canopied in greenery and had fragrances in sconces on the wall (??). The HYBE museum is a nostalgic experience for any HYBE group fans and overall beautiful regardless.

5. Mapo-Gu - Cheong Su Dang

I have never actually eaten any of the food at Cheong Su Dang, but regardless of whether or not you purchase anything at the restaurant/café you can get some lantern wonderland photos. I went to this café in late fall, but I imagine if it is open in winter it would also be a beautiful photo destination.

Most of the places on this list are located quite close to the Yonsei campus, so if you have an off day or a boring weekend, consider taking a look. I will warn you that Ilsan Lake Park is around 1hr away and a little confusing to get to, so I would highly recommend going when you have plenty of time and good internet connection/data.