So, Busan (First Trip and Extras)

Ilse H.

Ilse H.

My best photos and first trip memories from Busan in a nutshell.

In order to not be boring, I won't gush about my first trip to Busan, but will let the photos and some of my experiences do a lot of the talking.

This was a fun photo taken in Pepin which is a French-inspired café in Busan. The blueberry cheesecake was scrumptious.

I feel like this picture represents my time in Busan fairly well, colorful, a little bit wistful, and beautiful. I visited a Hamburg steak restaurant near Gwangalli Beach and couldn’t help taking a photo with this sign.

My favorite café of all in Busan is Deopeu Coffee which is connected (in some way) to the Home jewelry store. Their aesthetic was so attentively crafted that the café feels at once like an Alice in Wonderland world brought to life, a scavenger hunt, and a fairytale.

I had a tremendous amount of fun with friends playing CIA in the two building, courtyarded café. I had to visit on both of my trips to Busan and would love to go again in warmer weather to sit and draw. The café also provides art supplies and props as well as an opportunity to feed the ducks that live in the courtyard.

If you happen to visit Yongungsa Temple, don’t forget to take a photo with the giant, golden god statue that is towards the back of the visitable parts of the temple.

If these photos and short insights into my time in Busan don’t make you want to visit, I don’t know what will. It was a place of whimsy, fun, and camaraderie for me that makes me feel a bit more artistic whenever I think about it.