A Night in Jamsil

Aanandi M.

Out of all of the neighborhoods in Seoul, Jamsil would probably be one of my favorite neighborhoods.  Whether it’s walking down Seokchon Lake at night or visiting Lotte World. You can always count on something to keep you occupied in Jamsil if need be. 

One of my favorite activities in Jamsil would definitely have to be a perfume making workshop that I attended. I had always read about making perfume, but I had never experienced it before.Upon entering the perfume workshop, the staff first asks you what kind of fragrance you are most looking to make. Once you tell the staff what vibe you would most like to go for they recommend a series of scents for you to chose from. 

Once you chose the specific scents that you want, the staff member guides you on how many drops of each scent to put in order to achieve the scent that you want. At the end you mix it all together, to create a beautiful scent. After making the perfume, I was able to take a walk by the beautiful Seokchon lake and take in the sites of the lake and Lotte world in the distance.