My Past Travels

Aiden B.

Let's get some formalities out of the way, shall we? 

I'm a twenty-year-old student. I'm a college athlete. I help to manage a research lab on campus. One day I hope to fix people's broken hearts in an operating room. And, I'm finding time to balance all this and pick up and go to Spain for an entire semester. If I can do it, you can too

I've only ever flown in a plane three times prior to this trip.

Once, when I was young to Chicago. The next time was my junior year to Italy where I traveled the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Pompeii, Rome, and my favorite of all, Florence. That trip sparked my interest and love for the European culture and was actually the moment I knew I had to go back. Soon. My next plane ride was shortly after I graduated high school to Atlantis Island in Nassau, the Bahamas with twenty of my closest friends for our senior trip. That experience was completely unreal, and it is a trip I'll never forget. 

I've always had a knack for creating content, but only ever for myself and a few other of my friends. I knew that for this trip, I wanted to reach a much broader audience. Hence, this blog, my Instagram (shameless plug), and a youtube channel that hopefully, I can start if CIEE pays me for this so I can buy a camera. You hear that @CIEE? Help your boy out. Please.

Anyway, the days are counting down until I pack my bags and leave for a completely new chapter of my life. 59 to be exact. Yes, I have a countdown on my phone. No I am not ashamed. 

// 

Talk soon,

Den