Madrid, a classroom full of opportunities

One of the greatest opportunities when studying abroad is to expand your classroom beyond  the traditional four walls. The Madrid Open Campus program offers a variety of courses which includes co-curricular activities and visits to allow students to learn on site by offering an extraordinary opportunity for your academic year in a global scope.

Thus, the city becomes a classroom where every corner opens the door to a learning experience.

Are you interested in Art History? Museums as the Prado, Reina Sofia, Sorolla or Thyssen will welcome you to analyze the works of Rubens, Van Gogh, Picasso, Velázquez and Goya, or a graffitti tour of Lavapies neighborhood will allow you to learn about activism as a visit to Tabacalera will serve a good approach to young initiatives.

Do you prefer finances? A visit to the Madrid stock exchange will teach you how brokers participate in international investments and other financial transactions.

What if your likes are more into the film industry? Then you can explore the Spanish Film Institute and learn about preservation of old movies or you can approach to the main Spanish film names in Madrid’s Walk of Fame where Antonio Banderas, Almodóvar and Penélope Cruz have a star.

Maybe your preference leans towards politics, international relations and how government institutions work, then a visit to the Senate, or the Congress will be the best opportunity to learn the way important decisions are taken and the rules of the political game.

Some may decide that Health is their field, in that case our courses will take you on tours of hospitals where cutting edge technology is put at the service of patients, doctors and research.

Do you have an Entrepreneur mindset? Why don’t you accompany your professor to visit Google Campus Madrid to get the ins and outs of start-up companies or visit the headquarter of some important corporation where you may be inspired for your future career.

Needless to say, that for those studying History, Madrid has heaps of corners, sites and squares where historical events have occurred, from its magnificent Royal Palace (the biggest in Western Europe) to the controversial Valley of the Fallen offer lively history lessons difficult to forget.

So, if you are willing to try a more hands on approach to learning, like to explore, possess a restless spirit, leave your classroom and come to study abroad in Madrid where the city is waiting for you with open arms.