Don’t fall into the all-too-easy trap of putting life on hold until the world returns to its normalized state. Instead, adopt this helpful mantra: this too shall pass. Repeat it a thousand times a day if necessary, because it’s the truth. (And don’t forget to wash your hands!)
Here are five reasons to keep your study abroad plans moving full-steam ahead:
- Once this global health crisis is over, (and it will eventually be over) students across the country will be re-upping their plans for international education, which is sure to cause a backlog and application processing delays. Securing your space today will keep you ahead of the pack tomorrow.
- CIEE’s Program Assurance Advantage means you are fully refunded for all CIEE Application, Program, and Confirmation fees should your summer '20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 program get canceled. You can also change or defer your program for no additional cost and get your money back for all unreimbursed air travel fees.
- CIEE scholarships and grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. With more than $8 million offered each year, your best bet for securing eligibility is to apply early.
- Study abroad is one of the most valuable experiences you can have during your college career. It prepares you to work across cultures and tackle worldwide crises – like COVID-19 – that require global cooperation for developing solutions.
- CIEE has 70+ years of experience supporting the health, safety, and security of our students and staff around the world. No matter what program you’re on, you will be provided with the highest quality academic and intercultural experiences, and unparalleled logistical and emotional support.
Keep the momentum going – explore programs!