HYBE Fan? Go to Hybe Museum!

Summer Korean Studies

Audrey Y.

Seriously. If you like any HYBE groups, then the HYBE museum is definitely a must-go. Featuring the boy groups of HYBE, fans can see some behind-the-scenes and interesting facts about the groups in colorful panels and objects. When you first arrive at the museum, you are led to the check-in. If you signed up for a photocard through the online sign-in, you could get a physical card with the face of your chosen idol. It’s so cute! I didn’t end up doing this, but my friend got Mingyu from Seventeen. Then, you are given a colored bag. When the tour starts, you stick with other people with the same color bag. I was given a white bag. Once you walk through the door, you are led to a room. Here, you can learn more about how music for idols is produced and even have the chance to mix some parts of songs yourself through the computers placed here. There are also monitors where you can view interviews with the idols where they talk about their music and their journey.

Another really cool thing in this room is the footprints on the ground. They actually form the choreography of the dances from idols, and you can watch different groups dance on large monitors as well. Although this room was really interesting, I, unfortunately, was not allowed to take photos or videos here. If you want to actually experience this, you will have to come yourself!

The next room they took us to was the trophy room. It was really cool to see a virtual representation of how far the HYBE groups have come. You can even see all the trophies they all got! It was a relatively short experience, and we were then escorted to a room with “scents of sounds.” A BTS song was playing softly in the background while plants were hanging from above. The scent was calming and sweet, just like the song.

There was another room where you can even play a rhythm game! It was on a big screen, and the touch sensors were large. I ended up choosing “Butter” by BTS. I definitely recommend this. The room also had a physical structure of a soundwave. If you put your hand on it, you can hear it beat with the music!

The last spot the tour took was the merch shop. Honestly, this was one of my favorite parts of the tour. Here, you could buy the merch of your favorite idol groups. There were cute washi tapes of idols, hats, shirts, pens, and even keychains. My friends bought albums, and one of them was able to get photo cards of a member they wanted. I would say the shopping spree was a success. The merch was a bit expensive here, so make sure to only buy what you really want.

Overall, the experience at the HYBE museum was super fun. If you really like HYBE idol groups, then you will have a great time here.