CES Program Orientation Activities

Central European Studies

Michaela Neuzilova
Central European Studies students arrived in Prague during the second week of September. Right from their arrival they were busy with the on-site orientation aiming to prepare them for all aspects of their study abroad semester.

They had the opportunity to learn about the various extracurricular and cultural immersion activities they can take part in thorough the semester during the Expo afternoon as part of their on-site orientation in Prague.

Flat Buddies promoting their Cultural and Social (CAS) Activities during the EXPO Fair

CES program students exploring the different excursion options

CIEE organized a Meet-Up Party for all its students, buddies, and staff to get to know each other.  The highlight of this event was a bowling tournament organized and executed by CIEE Buddies. Everyone had a great time!

Meet Up Party venue

Students at the Meet Up Party

Students at the Meet Up Party

The cultural excursions organized by CIEE during the first weekend after student arrival were one of the first opportunities for students to explore other parts of the Czech Republic. Students discovered beautiful castles like Kost, Sychrov or Konopiste. They also learned about the beer-making process in local breweries. Everyone had a great time and is eagerly looking forward to the other excursions which are to be held next month.