Best Study Abroad Programs in Rome

@cieestudyabroad This is what dreams are made of Learn more about our program in Rome on our website! #europe #italy #rome #studyabroad #cieestudyabroad #college #student #travel BRENT MORGAN What Dreams Are Made Of - Brent Morgan

Full of rich history, enchanting architecture, spectacular churches, 300+ monumental fountains, and more than 13,000 delectable restaurants, there are few study abroad locations that rival the beauty that is Rome

If you know Italy’s capital city is where you’re destined to study abroad but you’re not sure which program in Rome suits you and your interests best, you’ve come to the right place!

Let’s explore some of the best study abroad programs in Rome offered by CIEE!

For the Summer Lovers
Summer in Rome

You’ll be eternally happy after a summer in The Eternal City. Spend your summer study abroad program living and learning around the corner from ancient landmarks like the Colosseum, the Vatican, Saint Peter’s Basilica, and the Spanish Steps. 

Take a break from studying Etruscan architecture and touring Pompeii’s ancient ruins to make a difference in the local community. Tutor immigrants and children at community centers and teach them English language skills. Earn credits while learning Italian with an optional Communicative Italian course taken at CIEE Rome, right in the city center. This summer, make Rome your home away from home!

Study in Rome This Summer

For Those Who Desire Real-World Work Experience
Summer Global Internship

Set yourself up for your career with a summer internship in Rome. The capital city of Italy, Rome is a business hub. In this bustling metropolis, intern at booming tech firms, nonprofits, and multinational networks. Build a global professional and personal network as you enhance your cross-cultural fluency. 

Land the international summer internship of your dreams with CIEE’s personal placement process. When you’re not getting to know some of Rome’s brightest entrepreneurs, spend your free time learning to make fresh pizza or pasta and exploring ancient history right on your doorstep.

Intern in Rome

For the Winter Lovers
January in Rome

study abroad in rome in january

Trade winter in the U.S. for winter in Rome and spend your January studying abroad in this bustling, enchanting city. During your January term in Rome, dive into a unique course, Food, Nutrition, and Culture or Exploring Rome – the Birthplace of the Modern Museum, and earn credit eating your way through The Eternal City. 

Wind through Rome’s 300+ fountains, 900 churches, and 3.7 million residents as you snack on pizza a taglio (pizza by the slice) and gelato. Study abroad in Rome and have the adventure of a lifetime!

January Abroad in Rome

For Those Who Want Rome and More

design your own study abroad program

Rome could be one of THREE iconic locations you study abroad in during your CIEE program! Through the CIEE Open Campus Block program, you can study in up to three locations for six weeks each. Spend one block (six weeks) of your time living and learning in Rome’s enchanting city, before moving on to Paris, Madrid, or any of our other Open Campus cities around the world. Not sure where else you should go? Spin the globe and find out!

So, what study abroad program in Rome do you plan to roam to?

LEARN MORE ABOUT CIEE’S STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS IN ROME