Amusement Parks: Everland

Tristyn D.

When people in Korea think of amusement parks, many people first think of Lotte World. However, there is another amusement park that is also quite popular. Everland. Everland is located in Gyeonggi-do, and although it is less popular due to it being outside of Seoul, it is still just as fun! 

When going to Everland, it was quite an easy trip. I simply took one bus from Yonsei University to a bus station in Gangnam, and then took another bus that stops in the Everland Bus Station. It took a couple of hours to get there, but it was so worth it! At Everland, I was able to meet up with an old friend of mine that I lost touch with, and we had a great time. It was the Tulip Festival when I went, and there were so many beautiful flowers. We took so many photos! 

One thing I will say is to make sure to check the closing times beforehand for attractions in order to make the most of your trip. My friend and I missed out on some activities due to not being aware beforehand of the closing times. Everland actually has a Zoo section as well! So if you want to make sure to see the animals, I would go earlier on in order to beat out the closing times since they vary depending on the animal.

Finally, around closing time there was a parade throughout the park, and when the parade ended the staff members ushered us to the center of the park for a final performance and a fireworks show. It really was a great experience.

If you are thinking of going to an amusement park, I highly recommend Everland! Lotte World has perks in it being in Seoul, but if you're willing to travel a bit further than you can experience a lot of extra activities as well. 

P.S If you are painfully single like I am, Everland or Lotte World may be hard to go to due to all of the couples that go there. I called Everland "Coupleland" as a joke because there were so many cute couples on dates there! I could tell it was a popular place to go for dates for younger people as well as a good spot to take pictures together.