CIEE’s need-based grants provide support for students facing financial barriers to studying abroad. To apply, you will need to provide your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Estimated Family Contribution (EFC), as displayed on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). We award need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection.
CIEE Gilman Go Global Grant
- Semester Programs: $2,500 toward program costs and $1,500 toward airfare
- Summer Programs: $1,000 toward program costs and $1,500 toward airfare
- Eligibility: Applicants for the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship can apply for the CIEE Gilman Go Global Grant, which provides both program cost support and support for airfare. Students will have to provide proof of having applied to the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, upon request. Go Global Grants are available for summer, semester and year-long CIEE programs.
CIEE Global Access Initiative (GAIN) Grants
- $750 to $2,000 toward airfare; award amount depends on CIEE program location.
- Eligibility: The GAIN Grant helps cover airfare costs to and from CIEE program locations for students who demonstrate high financial need. GAIN Grants are available for short-term (January and summer), semester and year-long CIEE programs.