YO ENTOMOLOGISTS!

Biologists, botanists, environmentalists, ornithologists, conservationists, nature worshippers, hikers, wildlife enthusiasts, or even those that just like the color green. Here’s 10 phenomenal reasons to study abroad at the CIEE Global Institute in Monteverde, Costa Rica:

1. Automatic $1,000 travel voucher for spring and fall ’20 semester programs. Essentially, you’ll fly FREE to and from Costa Rica. Note: spring ’20 applications due October 15!

2. No carbon footprint. By the end of 2020, the Global Institute – Monteverde campus hopes to be carbon neutral – allowing every student to offset their flight to and from the location through reforestation and conservation. 

3. The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve – just 15 minutes from campus is a 26,000-acre- cloud forest hosting 2,500 plant species, 100 species of mammals, 400 bird species, 120 reptilian and amphibian species, and thousands of insects. 

4. State-of-the-art science labs allow you to earn credits for required coursework in biology and chemistry, and then take your learnings into the field for deeper understanding. 

5. The Global Institute Campus sits on a stunning 150-acre farm complete with stables, gardens, biodigesters, composting station, seed bank, cow pastures, chicken coops, and more. Essentially, it’s an environmentalist’s dream.

6. Housing is made-up of gorgeous on-site bungalows resembling the home-style in Monteverde. On top of concrete foundations are sustainably sourced teak wood, topped with a tin roof with solar-powered water heaters. You’ll feel like you’re staying at a rustic lodge in a tropical paradise. 

7. Internship opportunities are plentiful for students interested in earning credits by putting their coursework to good use in the community. 

8. Food! The campus dining hall serves three incredibly delicious, nutritious, and bountiful meals every day. Ingredients are either grown on campus, or locally sourced from the area’s farmers. It doesn’t get any fresher than that!

9. Instructors and staff are as passionate about teaching you, as helping you to understand the individual role you play in conservation. They are gracious, warm, helpful, and knowledgeable. You’re in very good hands.

10. One-of-a-kind. There simply isn’t a study-abroad experience like this one. If you fall into any of the categories listed at the start of this post, start your application today. Not only will you fly FREE, but you’re guaranteed an exceptional and memorable experience.