Why You Should Choose A Multi-City Study Abroad Program

Are you looking for a diverse study abroad experience? Are you curious about multiple countries and cultures? Are you a jetsetter? If so, we have the perfect program for you!

CIEE’s Open Campus Block program lets you study abroad in up to three different countries in one term! In fact, this unique, flexible program gives you complete control over your study abroad experience – from courses, to length, to destinations! 

Soak up the sights, languages, and cultures in up to three countries and make your study abroad experience especially unforgettable. Here’s why a multi-city study abroad program is so beneficial:

Contrast and compare cultures

Living and learning in multiple cities around the world offers an amazing cross-cultural experience! See firsthand the vast cultural differences between Berlin, Buenos Aires, and Rome; experience holiday traditions in London, Santiago de Chile, and Shanghai; or discover the ways healthcare differs in Cape Town, Madrid, and Sydney. There is so much to see and discover in the world – now’s the time to take it all in! 

Build your international network

There’s no shortage of people to meet when you study abroad in multiple cities! From fellow Open Campus Block students to local university students, faculty members to professionals in your field, members of the local community to international travelers, you’ll have endless opportunities to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures. BONUS: Intercultural skills are a big plus in for a career in the global marketplace. 

Make your resume stand out

Now more than ever, companies and organizations are expanding their international footprint. Which means they need employees with global experience. Study abroad teaches you how to work in diverse groups, collaborate across cultures, and problem-solve across subject areas. Those skills grow exponentially when you travel from one culture to another. 

Indulge in foodie bliss

Learn, travel, and eat your way around the world! Do avocados taste the same in Chile as they do in Mexico? How many different ramen dishes are there in Shanghai? Why is the pasta in Rome so mouthwateringly delicious? Diving into the local food scene is a great way to gain insight into the culture of a country.

Add adaptability to your resume

Traveling from country to country not only builds your confidence, but it also requires you to remain highly flexible. And flexibility just happens to be another one of those soft-skills that employers look for.  Even better, study abroad improves your ability to relate to others, and form meaningful relationships that go beyond cultural differences. 

Where will CIEE’s Open Campus Block program take you?

Choose from locations in: Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Madrid, Monteverde, Paris, Rome, Santiago, Shanghai, Sydney, and Yucatán.