Where the Magic Happens: Lotte World and Everland

Angela Y.

In Seoul, two amusement parks can wake up your inner child. Lotte World is a place that can take you into a new world if you let it, and Everland can let your heart race in exhilaration.

During the Chuseok weekend (September 9 and 10th), I had the opportunity to spend a day at both amusement parks. In addition to the park, there are so many things you can do to enrich your overall experience. You can complete your K-drama high school dreams by renting a school uniform or stop to take pictures at the infamous Lotte World carousel. Visit South Korea's fastest roller coaster, T Express, at Everland, and take photos in the cute photobooths spread throughout the park. 

As you walk through the parks, you will notice that many of the people who wear school uniforms are not students, but young adults. These uniforms not only represent youth but also enriches your experience with a newfound enthusiasm. You can rent these uniforms for about ₩ 15,000 to ₩ 30,000. 

Recommended Places: (There are also great discounts available on Trazy, so track those sites as well!)

Lotte World: Ehwa School Uniforms (Ehwa Gyobok): 36-27, Galleria Palace B1, 212 Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul

From Yonsei University, take Subway Line 2 at Sinchon Station Exit 3 (Ehwa Womans Univ.Station Bound) and get off at Jamsil Station Exit 4

Everland: Gamseong School Uniforms Everland Branch: On the left of Everland Main Entrance, next to the Ever Mart.

Before riding the T Express in Everland, make sure you are well-fed and hydrated! The 150.9 ft drop might happen when you least expect it. If you would like to work up to the T Express drop, try out Atlantis at Lotte World! The 66 ft height off the ground will give you a good glimpse of what roller coasters at Everland are like. 

If you are up for thrilling rides, beautiful scenery, and an exciting day with your friends, Lotte World and Everland is the place for you!

Directions:

Lotte World: 40-1 Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul (Get on Subway Line 2 at Sinchon Station Exit 3. Get off at Jamsil Station Exit 4)

Everland: 310 Jeondae-ri Pogok-eup Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do (Take Bus 470 at Ewha Womans Univ. Back Gate to Sinbundang Line Gangnam Station. Transfer to Bus 5002A or 5002B until the Everland Exit Platform) 

For more daily updates, follow me on Instagram @___ywh14