Top Things to do in Sydney

CIEE Sydney

Sydney, Australia is one of the most popular destinations for university students studying abroad. The city has a unique blend of modernity and culture, and there is no shortage of things to do. From world-famous landmarks to hidden gems, here are the top things to do in Sydney. 

Visit the Opera House and Harbor Bridge 

The Opera House and Harbor Bridge are iconic landmarks of Sydney. Take a ferry ride from Circular Quay to see both landmarks and get a stunning view of the city. You can also climb to the top of the Harbor Bridge for an unforgettable experience. 

Explore the Royal Botanic Garden 

The Royal Botanic Garden is a must-visit for nature lovers. It is home to thousands of plant species, including many native to Australia. Stroll through the gardens and enjoy the tranquility of nature in the middle of the city. 

bondi

Spend a Day at Bondi Beach 

Bondi Beach is one of the most famous beaches in the world. Spend a day lounging on the sand, surfing, or swimming in the clear blue water. The beach is also surrounded by great cafes and restaurants, making it the perfect spot for a day trip. 

zoo

Visit Taronga Zoo 

Taronga Zoo is home to over 4,000 animals, including many native to Australia. It’s an excellent opportunity to see the unique wildlife of Australia up close. You can also take a guided tour or participate in a behind-the-scenes animal encounter. 

a

Take a Day Trip to the Blue Mountains 

The Blue Mountains are just a short train ride away from Sydney and offer breathtaking views and opportunities for outdoor adventures. Hike to scenic lookouts, visit waterfalls, and explore the charming mountain towns. 

Check Out the Street Art in Newtown 

Newtown is a trendy, bohemian neighborhood filled with street art and colorful graffiti. Take a stroll through the streets and check out the ever-changing art scene. You can also find many cool bars, cafes, and vintage shops in the area. 

Walk Around the Rocks 

The Rocks is the oldest neighborhood in Sydney and is filled with history and charm. Walk around the cobblestone streets, check out the local markets, and take in the stunning views of the harbor. 

Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art 

The Museum of Contemporary Art is a must-visit for art lovers. The museum has an impressive collection of contemporary art from around the world, as well as local Australian artists. 

w

Take a Day Trip to Manly Beach 

Manly Beach is another beautiful beach in Sydney, located just a short ferry ride away from Circular Quay. Spend the day swimming, surfing, or exploring the local cafes and shops. 

Go on a Food Tour in Surry Hills 

Surry Hills is a trendy neighborhood known for its diverse food scene. Take a food tour and sample the best local cuisine, from Vietnamese pho to Australian meat pies. 

In conclusion, Sydney is a city full of adventure, culture, and natural beauty. There are so many things to do, from iconic landmarks to hidden gems, that will make your study abroad experience unforgettable. Many of these top things to do in Sydney are included in your CIEE experience, so join us and get ready for an incredible adventure!