A Taste of Alicante

Gertrudis Sigüenza

After a couple of months of language learning, culture discoveries and fun experiences in the city of light, CIEE Alicante students have explored the gastronomical offer of the city with its lively cafés, the variaty of tapas restaurants and the best homemade icecreams. Here you have the leaflet two of our students (Julia Hass and Alex Delgado) prepared for the Gastronomy Class.

Photo for blog post A Taste of Alicante

Photo for blog post A Taste of Alicante

But we have other cultural experiences that we enjoy! Check them out! Students have the opportunity of meeting sellers at Mercado Central to about the unique products Alicante can offer them. They also became "tapas MasterChef's" and prepare delicious tapas such as "Tortilla Española" or "Ensaladilla Rusa". Other fun activities were: drinking out of a traditional "Botijo", which keeps the fresh water all day during the long hot summer days,

participating in a traditional fish auction and get fresh fish directly from the Mediterranean Sea,

or exploring the rich diversity of Spanish gastronomy throughout the different regions and discover that "Sidra Asturiana" needs to be poured in order to get bubbles and its best taste. 

If you still want to know a bit more about the opportunities that Alicante can offer to you, please, have a look at Christie Little's presentation about why she thinks Alicante is the best city to spend a semester learning Spanish! 

[VIDEO::https://prezi.com/view/1ZVunoPx1nUGxRTpRs53/]