☀️Sunshine Studio

Trae H.

Earlier this month, we took a trip to Sunshine Studio, the place where the record-breaking Mr. Sunshine kdrama was filmed! The event was put together by Yecco, which is dedicated to informing us about the culture and history of Korea. We got to choose among a selection of clothes: Korean officer outfits, Japanese samurai outfits, and old-time daily wear! I dressed up as a Japanese samurai since all of the other clothes were too big for me. 

We all got to stroll through the set as if we were members of the drama! Luckily, the cherry blossoms were in bloom, so we all took a lot of pretty pictures. There's a hotel that reappears in the drama a lot and we all went there and ordered drinks and bagels. During the whole tour of the set, my group leader, otherwise known as the $W@G Regiment Leader Brian, gave us a rundown of all of the historical references in the drama. We learned about the transition from Japanese to European influences in clothing and architecture too! Overall, it was such a fun experience. I felt like I was transported hundreds of years into the past!