Stray Kids Special Event in Seoul

Trae H.

Last weekend, I saw Stray Kids, a kpop group, in Seoul at the Olympic Hall! They only debuted in 2018, but they're already selling out concerts and selling hundreds of thousands of albums. I barely got tickets because they sold out in SECONDS, but I managed to get some by camping out on the website. It was a huge hassle, but it was so worth it! The entire event was also broadcasted on Vlive, a website where kpop idols upload vlogs, performances, music videos etc. 

Cameras weren't allowed, but a lot of people tried to take pictures anyway. It was funny seeing the staff run over and take people's cameras. I even saw a lot of people get kicked out for good! I wanted to sneak a video on my phone, but I decided that it wasn't worth it. Going in, I didn't know what to expect, since it was just a "special event". They played a lot of fun music guessing games and talked about how grateful they are for the fans, which was really heartwarming. After all of the fun games, they performed a whole bunch of their songs since debut up until now!

The energy in the crowd was crazy; people were screaming, dancing in their seats, and singing along to the lyrics. After the concert was over, I was so happy and content. I didn't expect them to perform so many of my favorite songs. But things got even better! After the members of Stray Kids left the stage, an announcer told us that we would get to do Hi-Touch! Hi-Touch is when you get to see the members of close and give all of them a high five. Up close, they were even more handsome than I could have imagined! They smiled at me really widely, but I was so star-struck that I don't know if I smiled back. 

Overall, it was a really fun night! I'm so happy that I finally got to see one of my favorite kpop groups, and the surprise Hi-Touch at the end was just the icing on the cake. I would do it again if I had the chance!