Start Game

Tamika M.

Get Ready!

You decided you want to go to South Korea with CIEE! Your study abroad and degree advisor(s) gave you the okay and now you are ready to start your next adventure. However, the first thing you need to do before starting a game is buy the console. Once you buy and setup the console you can go on to buy the game or buy a starter package with the game. In this case I am talking about the CIEE general application. Many things need to be done in order to complete it, therefore, make sure you have enough time to start and complete it by the deadline. Ask as many questions as possible too. I knew that I would not be able to pay the application fee right away, so I asked the person who reviewed applications if I could have a fee waiver and I recieved one.

Personally, I started and completed my portion of the application by the end of December 2018, 8 months before I would land in Incheon, South Korea. My application was not entirely complete until February due to me needing the assistance of others to complete and send in forms and applications for me. Not only that, CIEE and my college both had coinciding vacation times. The application was not due to April and was eventually stretched to May but you never know what can or will go wrong. CIEE as well as your school both have the right to impose and change deadlines however they please. Also consider that your school might have an earlier deadline like mine, which was March 15. What is more, remember that you have schoolwork and/or scholarship applications to do on top of that, hence my decision to start as early as possible.

I already had a passport and received mine in two weeks after I applied for it. However, if you do not have one, apply the moment you get accepted into the program or before even. It usually takes four to six weeks by the United States Postal Service and has to be received in person.

Remember, time will either be your enemy or friends and nobody likes to have enemies, so make it your friend throughout this entire process.