Spring is a GREAT time to study abroad

Beautiful weather

Get away from the bitter cold and dull winter by studying abroad in the Southern Hemisphere! From multicultural towns in Africa, to cosmopolitan and beachside cities in Australia, to beautiful metropolitan cities in Latin America, there are dozens of awesome spring programs with warm breezes and sunny skies. Even better,  you never need to worry about transporation delays due to snow or frost when you’re traveling for fun or educational purposes on the weekends!  Skip to spring, and watch the trees and flowers bloom! It is called spring semester after all.

Cheaper summer travel

Because you’re already abroad, why not stay and  jump-start your summer travels without buying another international plane ticket! If you’re already sitting in Prague, you can easily take a train to Berlin for 70 euros, or Budapest for 90 euros. Travel via train across multiple neighboring countries and explore Europe’s rich diversity with a rail pass for less than 300 euros.  Also, many semesters abroad finish a few weeks ahead of U.S. schedules, so you have plenty of time to learn new cultures and enjoy new cities during your extended summer break.  There is so much to see and learn around the world, so stick around! Make it your favorite summer yet without breaking the bank.

Photo for blog post Spring is a GREAT time to study abroad

Awe-inspiring spring festivals

Did you know some of the best and biggest festivals in the world are held during the spring? Imagine yourself …

• Samba dancing at Rio de Janeiro’s Carnaval
  • Sitting under a million blooming cherry trees at Toyko’s Cherry Blossom Festival
  • Watching the sky light up with floating lanterns at Seoul’s Yeon Deung Hoe Festival
  • Walking through a sea of green in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Dublin
  • Eating the most delicious foods at Sanitago’s Nam Food Festival

Winter at home

No need to worry about FOMO! Studying abroad in the fall semester means you could miss some holidays at home and the start of the school year, but if you study in the spring, you have plenty of time to be with your family before you leave! Eat Thanksgiving dinner with your family, open gifts together for Christmas, celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, dress up for a Halloween party, and ring in the New Year with your best friends.

Inside scoop

Studying abroad in the spring means you can learn and take advantage from all the experiences of the summer and fall study abroad crowds! Find out firsthand the best places to go - historic and beautiful towns, most scrumptious restaurants, breathtaking sites in nature, fun events, and more. You’ll be better prepared and know just what to look for when you’re abroad. 

Search spring study abroad programs