Spend J-Term in Barcelona – the City Founded by Hercules

Well, actually, Barcelona wasn’t founded by Hercules, but it IS one the local legends surrounding the city’s origins. In fact, Barcelona itself is steeped not only in myths and legends, but in Roman history. The minute you start traversing the city, you’ll quickly find yourself enchanted by its ancient Roman heritage. 

You’re invited to spend J-term in Barcelona in this enviable location, and earn credits in one of our three-week, three-credit programs: International Marketing or Catalonia and Spain Through the Arts. The former explores the growing interdependence of markets worldwide and introduces you to the booming business and start-up industries in Barcelona. The latter explores Spanish art and architecture and its social and historical implications – the perfect subject for a region filled with its own distinctive history, culture, and language. 

More than merely surrounding you with breathtaking historic and modernista architecture, our J-term programs give you the unique opportunity to live an authentic Spanish life by living with a local family who are happy to share their culture and home with you. You’ll also get to explore the Catalonian province during field trips and weekend excursions to amazing locals off the beaten path. (Any Game of Thrones fans out there?) And you could never visit Barcelona without experiencing the electricity of a fútbol match at FC Barcelona, a symbol of Catalonian culture and home to one of the best soccer teams in the world!

Whether you choose International Marketing or Catalonia and Spain Through the Arts, you’ll spend an incredible J-term increasing your academic proficiency, building your intercultural skills, and creating wonderful memories. ¡Hasta pronto!

Learn more!