Solo Adventure: Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (Fall)

Arts +Sciences

Aleya G.

As the title suggests this is once again a solo adventure, however, this time it does have a destination in mind. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden happened to be covered by my pass and it would be a waste if I did not go. I was hesitant at first since it is fall, and the garden would probably not be very pretty since everything will be dying. However, the park was still beautiful and given it's size it would be a nice place to spend an afternoon. It is a $2 admittence fee, and there are a couple of mini shops which you can get some snacks and drinks and a green house. There is a tea house that you can go in and drink tea which I will try next time. Also, if none of the food in the park intrigues you there are a bunch of stores around the park since you are still in Shinjuku. Or you can buy food and have a picnic in the park! On the flier it showed when different plants will bloom, like the cherry blossoms in Spring, so I will try to go there every season. There are turtles and fishes in the many ponds around the park. Since it is a low price to go in I would recommend to go at least once! Also wear some mosquite repellent!