Samoyed Cafe, SUPER CUTE DOGS!

Summer Korean Studies

Nicole M.

cute dog at a cafe in south korea

If you are obsessed with cute animals just as I am, then this place is a must-have for you! Located in Hongdae, a neigborhood in Seoul, South Korea, you will find a cafe called Samoyed cafe full of adorable dogs. Not only is the entry fee cheap (around 11,000 won), but you get to give the dogs treats, see the trainers make them do tricks, take adorable photos, and relax. Typically the cafe is busy on weekends and has operating hours of 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm therefore, I recommend going on a weekday. 

When you first enter the cafe, you are greeted by staff who explain the rules and process payment. There is a small locker room where you can store your things and change into comfortable slippers if you do not want to keep your shoes on. After that, you can either go upstairs or stay on the group floor to meet the dogs. Each dog has a pastel-colored tail so you can tell them apart. And do not be fooled! The smallest fella there may be cute but they're ruff! In addition, staff with hand out treats and show special tricks! And the best part is that you can stay for as long as you would like. 

Although the experience is enjoyable, the drinks at the cafe are not like your normal cafe. After all, you are paying for your time with the dogs rather than a drink. Even so, being there was extremely nice. I would 10/10 recommend it.

Explore South Korea Programs