Reflecting on My Semester in Madrid

By: Sophie Lakin

For my last blog post I wanted to reflect on my time here in Madrid. This semester has zoomed by and it is kind of crazy that it has already come to an end. Overall, I am so so happy that I chose Madrid to study abroad. Throughout my time here, I was able to travel to so many cool places, but I am definitely content with my decision to have Madrid as my home base. 

I have been able to meet so many great people here and experience so many cool things. Going abroad is definitely one of the best things I have done without a doubt. I still can’t really wrap my head around the fact that I have been living here for four months. Over the four months, I think my Spanish has improved, although it is a bit hard to tell. 

To be honest, the Spanish class that I took here made me question my Spanish skills. However, the last few weeks when I had gone out with my friends and we were in a position where English is not an option I always got told how good my Spanish is! Overall, I am eternally grateful for the experiences I have had abroad and would 10000% recommend to anyone to go abroad!