Rainy Days in Busan

Geraldine L.

A friend and I decided to go to Busan the weekend of Children's Day. Unfortunately, we were met with four days of CONSTANT rain. Nevertheless, we tried to make the best of it! On our first full day, we went to the Gamcheon Culture Village where it drizzled for a bit. We walked around in awe of all the colors and murals we saw. There were so many photo op areas and little cafes. Seeing the rain clouds above the mountain in the distance was just so beautiful... until the wind told us it was time for us to go home. On our second day, we were warned to stay indoors because the rough winds were too dangerous... So we stayed inside and binged Queen Charlotte. On the third day, we adventured around the Jeonpo Cafe Street. We headed to Magnate which is owned by BTS's Jimin's dad. Not only is it a great place if you're a Jimin stan or a BTS fan, but the desserts are absolutely scrumptious! Afterwards, we went to Museum One which had several interesting exhibits. It's a great place to take pictures and just overall aesthetic. On our last full day, we attempted to explore near Haeundae Beach, but again the winds told us to go back inside. So, we couldn't do much. Fortunately, it didn't rain our last two nights, so we got to explore the nightlife in Seomyeon and I'll say, it was fun! I would say the best part was having french toast every morning (except the morning we had to stay in) at different brunch places. Some were good, some weren't. In spite of the rain, we had fun in Busan! 

But the sky mocked us the morning we left as it was very sunny and clear....