From Quarantine to Freedom

Summer Korean Studies

Tiler K.

We all know that Covid-19 has changed a lot for us, but what does it look like for a college student traveling to Seoul. Well, it starts with a 14-day quarantine. Then, right as you get off the plane and get processed into the Country, you are taken to a facility to wait out your 14 days. For me, this meant a lot of reading, watching tv and people watching. Although it can be a lonely and stressful time, my tip for you would be to keep yourself busy and have a positive attitude because guess what?! In no time, you will be out and exploring Seoul. 

Once I was out, it really started to hit me that I was in Seoul, and my adventure was really beginning. I will say that the first few days out can be overbearing, like finding your way around town, speaking to locals and restaurant employees but don't worry, you will get the hang of it and keep in mind that this experience will help you grow into a person and push you out of your comfort zone. This is a good thing, trust me! 

Although there is talk of South Korea doing away with the mandatory quarantine, we never know what will happen in the future so keep that in mind while you prepare yourself for your own adventure! 

Photo for blog post From Quarantine to Freedom