Prague Visit, Berlin Study Tour

Multi-day tours, designed to complement your academics and enhance your cultural immersion, are included in all of CIEE’s Open Campus Block programs! 

SPRING '19 BLOCK II - PRAGUE

With approximately 1.3 million people, Prague is the largest city in the Czech Republic and also its capital. It served as a political, cultural and economic center in the Kingdom of Bohemia, the Holy Roman Empire, under Habsburg rule and during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The end of World War I saw the creation of the First Czechoslovak Republic, only for it to end twenty years later when Nazi forces invaded. As a satellite state
under the control of the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia briefly displayed the possibilities of “socialism with a human face” during the Prague Spring of 1968.

FREE TIME SUGGESTIONS 

Head over to Kampa Island and explore Museum Kampa, visit Petrin Hill for a fantastic view of the city and climb the Observation Tower – Prague’s mini Eiffel Tower, or check out the Strahov Monastery, founded in 1140, with its Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Read more about the amazing study tour!