Nothing Like a FALL abroad

Kick your school year off with an epic fall abroad! Here are the top five reasons why FALL is a great time of year to study abroad:

Get ahead of the curve 

Once you’ve decided to study or intern abroad in the fall, start picking the brains of students returning from their spring and summer programs! Get their take on the best places to go – must-see sites, delectable cafés, unforgettable views, electrifying festivals, and more. It’s a great way to spare yourself the frustration of tourist traps and gear-up to make the most of your free time.

Start spring strong

Start the new school year with study or intern abroad and guaranteed, your enthusiasm and new-found global perspective will carry into your spring semester. Whether your academic focus is on business, communications, history, social sciences, STEM, or another major, your professors will love how you apply your international and intercultural experience to your coursework. 

New traditions all around

How is Dia de los Muertos celebrated in Mexico? Is Thanksgiving celebrated in Japan? How do German’s celebrate Ertedankfest? Studying or interning abroad in the fall lets you introduce your traditions to your international friends and vice-versa. In fact, the exchange of cultural traditions is one of the most enriching experiences study abroad and global internships offer. Do it up! And rest assured, most fall programs end just in time for “the most wonderful time of the year!” You’ll be the hit at holiday parties relaying stories about your time abroad!

Photo for blog post Nothing Like a FALL abroad

Summer or winter skies

If you hate the thought of summer’s glorious weather coming to an end, extend it! Study abroad in the southern hemisphere and enjoy the silky-smooth beaches of Cape Town. Conversely, if winter’s your season, start it early! Intern in Chile and ski the Andes, or study in Paris or Rome and take weekend trips to the Swiss Alps.

Celebrate all semester long

Did you know some of the best and biggest festivals in the world are held during the fall? Here are a few you definitely don’t want to miss ...

• Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
  • Dia de los Muertos in Mérida, Mexico
  • Mid-Autumn Festival in China 
  • Joust of the Saracens in Arezzo, Italy

​Study or intern abroad with CIEE and fill your fall with academic adventures, world travel, intercultural learning, and more.

Search fall programs!