Not your typical cafe: Kawaii Monster

Arts +Sciences

Aleya G.

Welcome back!

One of the many things people want to do in Japan is go to a cafe. Whether it is a animal or anime cafe almost everyone I know, including me, wants to go to one. Now I can say I have been to a cafe in Tokyo! This one, as the title suggests, is Kawaii Monster cafe. Haven't heard of it? Don't worry I didn't hear about it until my friend told me about it!

I recommend for those who can to check this cafe out! This cafe was both strange and amazing, and since I went this month there was special Christmas meals. The best way to discribe this cafe is a that it is cute and whimscal. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland without the characters. Hopefully, my pictures will do some justice since I don't want to ruin the experience if you go!

Photo for blog post Not your typical cafe: Kawaii Monster

These are some examples of things you may be able to get at the cafe! There are a few different options, but my friends and I decided to get some colorful dishes that you probably won't find anywhere else. All of them were delicious! On the left is one of thier milkshakes which costed under $10. Then, there is the ramen which is one of the limited time items, although I am sure they repeat it, and it costed about $12. Also, despite its colors it does taste like actual ramen. Finally, is a hamburger which I will call the "monster burger" since I cannot recall it's name.  My friend got this "monster burger", and as they reported it tasted like a hamburger! There was desserts but after drinking that milkshake I felt like I had enough sugar in my body for the day. 

This cafe is in Harajuku and it has a 500 yen fee and you can only be there for a limited time (might be an hour). However, that is plenty of time to go around the cafe and I think it is worth the cost especially if you want to try something new. If you want to learn more, check out the Kawaii Monster website.

See you on the next adventure!