New South Wales – travel opportunities from Sydney!

CIEE Sydney

Embarking on a journey beyond the skyline of Sydney opens the door to a world of natural wonders, charming towns, and cultural experiences. New South Wales (NSW) is a vast and diverse state, and a road trip from Sydney provides the perfect opportunity to uncover its hidden gems. Continue reading to find the best stops, scenic drives, and must-see attractions in NSW. 

Blue Mountains

s

Kick off your road trip with a visit to the Blue Mountains, just a short drive from Sydney. The rugged cliffs, forests, and iconic Three Sisters rock formation create a dramatic backdrop. Explore the charming town of Katoomba, take a scenic cable car ride, and discover hidden trails leading to panoramic viewpoints.

Hunter Valley

s

Head north to the Hunter Valley, Australia's oldest wine region. Spend a day indulging in wine tastings at world-class vineyards, sampling local cheeses, and savoring gourmet cuisine. The vineyards and picturesque landscapes make for a relaxing stop on your journey.

Port Stephens

s

Continue your road trip to Port Stephens, known for its beaches, sand dunes, and marine life. Take a cruise to see dolphins and whales or try sandboarding on the vast Stockton Bight sand dunes. The coastal scenery and outdoor activities make Port Stephens a perfect stop for nature lovers.

Newcastle

As you head south, make a detour to Newcastle, a city that seamlessly combines beaches with a vibrant arts scene. Enjoy a stroll along the Newcastle Beach promenade, explore the street art in the city center, and visit the Newcastle Museum for a dose of local history and culture.

The Central Coast

d

The Central Coast offers a perfect blend of beaches, national parks, and laid-back coastal towns. Stop by Terrigal or Avoca Beach for a swim, explore Bouddi National Park for coastal walks, and unwind in the relaxed atmosphere of this coastal region.

Jervis Bay

s

Travel south to Jervis Bay, renowned for having some of the whitest sands in the world. Relax on the pristine beaches, take a boat tour to spot dolphins and seals, and explore Booderee National Park for its unique flora and fauna. The crystal-clear waters make Jervis Bay a paradise for beach lovers and nature enthusiasts alike.